Friday, June 3, 2011

It's a funny sort of thing....

....Divorce, that is. One day you're married, and one day you're not. Well, more appropriately, one day you're married, and 1-90 days later, you're not. And that's where Logan and I are; somewhere in that limbo between being married legally, and both desperately wanting it to be done. It's like having a pain in your foot or your arm and you just want to slice it off so that the pain will go away. Except that the pain is lodged firmly within your soul and heart, and there's no way of knowing whether or not it will every go away. But, I understand that it gets better the more time that passes, and I'm hopeful that it will.

In respect of Logan's and my privacy, I won't go into the details, and frankly I don't know all of the details myself. But it is fair for me to say that to the best of my knowledge, there was no infidelity, abuse, or any other interesting gossip to go along with this sad state of affairs. I think it's easiest to say that we are two people who suddenly have different priorities, goals and plans for life. And apparently those goals and life-plans do not include each other.

I can still be found on facebook and on my personal blog (which is dripping with cynicism, my uneducated opinion and vulgarity). If you don't know how to find it, email me and I'll be happy to link you to it.

Thank you to everyone for all your love and support!

No comments: